Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting Organized

For the past two months I have been browsing wedding websites and blogs and just taking in all the different ideas I come across. I never really knew how many wedding websites and blogs existed. I was immediately overwhelmed with all the wedding lingo and acronyms - STD's (and no not that kind), DIY, inspiration boards, gocco, pocketfolds, and pomanders. I found that I was spending more time on wedding websites than I was on sports sites like espn.com and si.com. This is why I was completely out of touch during NFL draft day. I didn't even know what the Chargers potential draft plan would be. That is so unlike me! 


After browsing all the wedding websites I have a bunch of "mental notes" of things that looked interesting to me. Apparently my mind can only hold so many of these "mental notes" before it just starts doing a data dump. Before things start to get out of control, I figured it was time to make myself one of those handy wedding binders I keep reading about on these blogs. I need to be organized so I can physically file away these ideas and items of inspiration so I can have something to refer back to. That has pretty much been the extent of the wedding planning so far. 


1. Venue - Check!
2. Wedding Binder - Check!


At least with my wedding binder in tow I can continue with the planning :).


People have asked me how the wedding dress shopping is going. I feel like I have so much time so I don't have to worry about it yet. I don't really know how to go about it. Do I just make appointments at bridal stores and try on a bunch of dresses? Or do I have to wait until I have a better idea of what I want and then go to bridal stores? I've been looking at some magazines and online and haven't really found anything that I like.  I do know that I'm leaning toward the "beach casual bride" look so at least I have some direction. Like I said, I still have plenty of time to go dress shopping.


As Brian and I continue to talk more about the wedding we envision, the more we realize that there is so much to plan and consider. Not just the big things, but the logistics as well. That is one reason I'm glad we aren't getting married until next year. We will have plenty of time to figure things out without feeling rushed and stressed. 


Now I just need to find a balance of browsing wedding websites along with keeping up with the Chargers during the offseason and upcoming training camp. After all football season is only 4 months away.

2 comments:

  1. so fun! love your blog steph. such fun times ahead. also, your obsession with wedding blogs will eventually fade, don't worry! meanwhile, check out www.weddingbee.com ;-) as far as dress - i went in having NO idea mostly b/c when i looked at pictures i could NOT imagine myself in a wedding dress! the first store i went into she told me to walk around and pull out the dresses i wanted to try on - i walked the whole store without pulling ONE dress! those ladies are experts and they'll be able to help you find something perfect for YOU! HAVE FUN steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Only YOU would include football in your wedding blog! I love it!! Have fun dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete