Thursday, June 11, 2009

That's So Inspiring...


Coming up with a color scheme and theme was difficult for me. I turned to friends and family and asked them how they had come up with theirs and some went with their favorite colors and some just chose colors based on the season of their wedding. I don't really have a favorite color so I asked Brian if he had any preferences. He said he definitely did NOT want purple (Husky color)! He said he liked blue and green. So with those guidelines I started researching.

I hit the wedding blogs for research purposes. Snippet & Ink is just one of the blogs that I have been reading lately. She posts some great inspiration boards and provides so many different ideas. She also posts photos from "Real Weddings" and it is really interesting to see how other brides have incorporated ideas into their weddings.

The inspiration board above caught my eye. I thought the colors and theme really meshed well with the vibe of our venue. Not to mention that it has blue and green. The colors and images on the inspiration board just exudes a calming, casual, and relaxed feel. This is exactly what we want our wedding to feel like.

Yesterday Brian and I had to stop at Fred Meyer after the gym to pick up some things for dinner. I asked if we could stop in the housewares department. I wanted to look at the paint chips and hopefully see some colors that were close to those on the inspiration board. After holding up several paint sample cards next to each other to see if they matched we came up with three colors from the Dutch Boy Paint line that we are going to use for our color palette:

1) Bartel Blue
2) Dining Alfresco (a pale green)
3) Phyllo

I like the colors because essentially it is sea/sky, grass, and sand - very natural colors. I'm excited that we have another thing we can check off the list. Now we can use these colors to start brainstorming invitations and decorations.

Next up - trying on wedding dresses this Sunday with my MOH, Samantha. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. love it! good choice. choosing colors was hard for me too! i'll see you guys tonight at jess' wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...for picking your colors. That was one of my favs. Hope you have dress shopping tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete